My PC randomly shuts down with the Event ID 41 and I don't know what causes it

Anonymous
2023-02-11T16:30:40+00:00

My PC shuts down randomly but most of the time when I'm playing games and sometimes when I have a game run in the background while I'm doing something else. The crashes usually occur when I play indie games but other games like cyberpunk 2077 work fine on medium graphical settings but when I try to play a small indie game I have a 50% chance of it crashing my PC sometimes 30min and other times 20h into the game.

This is my latest bug report:

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-17T17:13:46+00:00

    I need to get a usb first and also the download isn't working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-17T16:52:27+00:00

    Yes, not sure if you ran that Memtest yet, but that's the route I would take, just to verify it isn't a Hardware issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 934.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-02-17T14:25:33+00:00

    Hi OskarRecki, okay I will be here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-17T14:24:44+00:00

    Alright yeah I disabled the test after the automatic repair and I will update you if my computer crashes again. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 934.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-02-17T13:19:53+00:00

    Hi OskarRecki,

    Please don't run the test again, ensure Verifier is disabled, please just wait to see if your system is stable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments