Now that I see what the error code is, I am just here to express my disgust with Microsoft and One Drive. It was great until they changed it to make it the default saving place for everything. It tried uploading my Google Drive and DropBox files, multi gigs each, but mainly it took me a day or so to figure out where my files were. Why is it I open a file on Google Drive and click save and go back to reopen and it is no longer there but in One Drive. I finally copied everything back and signed out of One Drive and had a month of peace. Sadly, I had to log into Microsoft to send an email and damned if my desktop folders are now in One Drive. And since I had logged out of One Drive my desktop files will not open. I must log in to go find them. This is criminal.
Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running. OneDrive Access Lost. Cannot open, copy, or move files.
I lost access to a OneDrive account. I cannot regain access to that account. Many (or all) of the files for my OneDrive were present on the local PC when access was lost, but they were in the process of being synced with the cloud copy. The files are now marked with a grey X on the file icon. Any effort to move or copy the files gets the Error 0x8007016A error. Any effort to open the files in Word, Excel, Acrobat get error messages that the file can't be opened.
I believe the files are present on the local PC because the filenames have the correct extensions and the file sizes are what you would expect for a full copy.
It appears like all of these files are locked in some kind of "sync" status for OneDrive that makes them unavailable. Is there any way to force a change in that status to unlock them? I don't need the cloud version, the version on the local PC will be fine.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
54 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-05-09T19:19:14+00:00 -
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2024-05-27T01:05:06+00:00 Beware: I strongly suggest that as soon as you Sign into One Drive, THE FIRST THING YOU SHOULD DO is disable syncing. I failed to do so and lost some precious photos. And yes, I've checked the Recycle Bin, etc, but no luck.
I am so bitter right now I can't think straight.
-
Anonymous
2024-06-16T11:03:31+00:00 Ik heb het zelfde probleem maar dan met icloud bestanden. Ik werk zelden of nooit met one drive. Wie kan mij hiermee helpen?
mvg bartje
-
Anonymous
2024-08-06T07:11:29+00:00 It's work
Your discussion is too clear
Thanks.