[Solved] Windows 11 Reinstall - Error 0x8007042b - 0x4000D

Anonymous
2023-04-12T22:58:05+00:00

Hello,

A few months ago a transferred my Appdata files from my SSD (where Windows is) to my HDD because my SSD was getting full.

Big mistakes, a lot of bugs since.
I'm now trying to reinstall Windows to get rid of all the issues but I get the Error 0x8007042b - 0x4000D "Installation failed in SECOND_BOOT with a mistake during MIGRATE_DATA".

Any advice on how to resolve that ?

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-04-19T15:56:15+00:00

It will be an exact copy. That means the wrong AppData files will be copied as well.

Suggest you pick one of the three choices I mentioned earlier. The easiest option is to create a new local admin account and delete your original user account. This prevents the AppData migration issues during setup.

Edit:

Additionally, the log shows some 0x00000002 errors, which can occur it the disk/file system is corrupted.

Run:

  • chkdsk c: /r

Restart Windows and let chkdsk start the scan.

Open Event Viewer and see the results of the last Chkdsk operation and post the info here. See How to check chkdsk scan result after reboot

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-14T03:14:16+00:00

    If you do not know, the link you provided does not take us to a download page. Possibly, you need to make the files available to the public.

    Beyond that, I was wondering if you moved the folder back to its original location?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-14T02:23:33+00:00

    In that case, you can use the method in this article (ignore the title) to reset your Windows Firewall configuration to default.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-13T23:42:04+00:00

    I'm sorry but I'm not sure how to do this :

    "if possible, delete the above key and import a fresh copy from another Windows 11 computer."

    I don't have any other windows 11 computer.

    Regarding my firewall I usually have Kaspersky but uninstalled it for the sake of the update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-13T17:42:25+00:00

    The setup ran for more than 7 hours, which is completely weird.

    ********************************************************

    UpgradeStartTime = 12/04/2023 15:40:24 
    
    UpgradeEndTime = 12/04/2023 23:13:38
    

    ********************************************************

    To speed up the setup process, please do the two things I posted earlier. Also, clear your Chrome and Edge browser caches. Migration takes more time if you have gigabytes of temp files.

    The setup took 35 94 minutes to process/migrate the following registry key.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\RestrictedServices\AppIso\FirewallRules

    Relevant entries:

    ***********

    2023-04-12 18:31:48, Info MIG Processing Registry: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\RestrictedServices\AppIso

    2023-04-12 18:31:48, Info MIG Processing Registry: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\RestrictedServices\AppIso\FirewallRules

    2023-04-12 20:05:19, Info MIG Processing Registry: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\RestrictedServices\Configurable

    2023-04-12 20:05:19, Info MIG Processing Registry: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\RestrictedServices\Configurable\System

    **********

    if possible, delete the above key and import a fresh copy from another Windows 11 computer.

    Also, reset your Firewall rules. The log says there are 74998 rules available in your computer. See How to Reset Windows Firewall Settings to Defaults

    ************

    2023-04-12 17:39:02, Info [0x0808fe] MIG Plugin {2f593f80-46a4-4da9-aad8-83a71d1f4333}: CFirewall::EnumRules(FW_STORE_TYPE_LOCAL) found 74998 rules

    2023-04-12 17:39:02, Info [0x0808fe] MIG Plugin {2f593f80-46a4-4da9-aad8-83a71d1f4333}: CFirewall::EnumRules(FW_STORE_TYPE_DEFAULTS) found 424 rules

    ************

    Re-run setup, and let's know how it goes. Post fresh SetupDiag log if required.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments