[Solved] Windows 11 Reinstall - Error 0x8007042b - 0x4000D

Anonymous
2023-04-12T22:58:05+00:00

Hello,

A few months ago a transferred my Appdata files from my SSD (where Windows is) to my HDD because my SSD was getting full.

Big mistakes, a lot of bugs since.
I'm now trying to reinstall Windows to get rid of all the issues but I get the Error 0x8007042b - 0x4000D "Installation failed in SECOND_BOOT with a mistake during MIGRATE_DATA".

Any advice on how to resolve that ?

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-04-19T15:56:15+00:00

It will be an exact copy. That means the wrong AppData files will be copied as well.

Suggest you pick one of the three choices I mentioned earlier. The easiest option is to create a new local admin account and delete your original user account. This prevents the AppData migration issues during setup.

Edit:

Additionally, the log shows some 0x00000002 errors, which can occur it the disk/file system is corrupted.

Run:

  • chkdsk c: /r

Restart Windows and let chkdsk start the scan.

Open Event Viewer and see the results of the last Chkdsk operation and post the info here. See How to check chkdsk scan result after reboot

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-14T21:32:26+00:00

    Of course, you can try whatever you want. I do notice you have another user that starts with M... which also has folders moved to O:.

    Again, I do not know for sure this is related to the situation.

    Another thing I noticed which maybe you are aware. I don't see a G: in your log except for this situation.

    Warning ConX::Compatibility::CSystemAbstraction::GetVolumeEncryptionState: Failed to determine whether volume G: is encrypted. HRESULT = 0x8031004a

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-14T16:28:37+00:00

    Are you sure it's a good idea to move this folder again ?

    I need to try to reinstall it first and if it fails I'll try your method yeah.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-14T16:08:58+00:00

    Do you have any data on C: you can safely move to another drive? If you do, perhaps move it and then reinstate the AppData folder, so as to have at least 20 GBs free in the C partition.

    The situation with the EFI system partition may or may not be involved since the upgrade needs to make changes to a file in that partition. I have seen Dell systems with less than 50 MBs available in that partition and this situation is not that easy to fix, if it were to be causing a problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-14T15:33:22+00:00

    I'll definitely buy a better SSD but at the moment I need to repair my version of Windows first.

    Well you're supposed to be able to move this file but I don't know, everything went to **** after that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments