[Solved] Windows 11 Reinstall - Error 0x8007042b - 0x4000D

Anonymous
2023-04-12T22:58:05+00:00

Hello,

A few months ago a transferred my Appdata files from my SSD (where Windows is) to my HDD because my SSD was getting full.

Big mistakes, a lot of bugs since.
I'm now trying to reinstall Windows to get rid of all the issues but I get the Error 0x8007042b - 0x4000D "Installation failed in SECOND_BOOT with a mistake during MIGRATE_DATA".

Any advice on how to resolve that ?

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-04-19T15:56:15+00:00

It will be an exact copy. That means the wrong AppData files will be copied as well.

Suggest you pick one of the three choices I mentioned earlier. The easiest option is to create a new local admin account and delete your original user account. This prevents the AppData migration issues during setup.

Edit:

Additionally, the log shows some 0x00000002 errors, which can occur it the disk/file system is corrupted.

Run:

  • chkdsk c: /r

Restart Windows and let chkdsk start the scan.

Open Event Viewer and see the results of the last Chkdsk operation and post the info here. See How to check chkdsk scan result after reboot

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-16T14:00:57+00:00

    Hello Ramesh,

    It worked !

    I created a new admin, deleted the old one. Had some issues with the usb port but it fixed itself somehow I don't know.

    Anyway I reinstalled windows and I think everything works for now.
    I think I still have an issue with my CPU freezing when I play games but it's an all other issue I believe.

    Thanks a lot for all your help ! ♥

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-15T22:22:07+00:00

    Hello I'm back !

    I finally took the time to create a new admin profile.

    My windows already works way better but I can't reinstall it since now I got a brand new issue : my computer doesn't recognize any new USB appart from my keyboard and mouse.

    Si the HDD with the Windows reinstall doesn't boot.
    I didn't touch any hardware or anything

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-19T15:47:15+00:00

    Wont it also copy all the errors as the mistakes with the Appdata etc ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-18T17:32:21+00:00

    That can be done, but you require a specialized imaging tool for cloning the disk -- e.g., CloneZilla, Macrium Reflect, etc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments