Doesn't MS know how incredibly annoying this **** is!! If we want something we'll look for it and buy it. Don't shove this down our throats! If there was any other alternative to MS (excluding Apple ... I would take it.)
Every time I login to my PC a screen advertising Game Pass appears. How do I stop this?
I bought a new PC recently and have Windows 11 installed. After a recent upgrade force by Microsoft, I now receive a full screen ad for Game Pass every time I log in to my PC. There appears to be no way to decline this product and stop the ad from appearing. I'm nearly 70, have no kids in my house and have no interest (and I mean NO interest) in using Game Pass. Yet I have to decline the offer EVERY time I log in. Microsoft seems to no longer offer phone support to home users, so this community approach may be my only hope for relief. Does anyone know how to stop this Game Pass screen from appearing? Thank you.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-07-20T23:43:06+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-07-24T19:26:42+00:00 If you bought pre built you should clean install windows. Soooo much bloatware you will never use.. did not know this when I bought first AW PC (made by dell). Could have well over 130 processes that can be running.. hope that helps. Sorry if someone already helped you out
Edit: also don't waste time with driver assists. Go straight to the source, intel, Nvidia, etc. Go through manufacturer's, your boot time will thank you
-
Anonymous
2024-08-14T19:39:26+00:00 Same problem. I've tried everything and Game Pass is still on my startup screen. As if the Blue Screen of Death wasn't enough, Microsoft went and found a way to make its product even more annoying. I switched to a PC because Apple stopped making 27" Macs. It has not been worth it, and I wouldn't do it over again!
-
Anonymous
2024-08-19T22:06:00+00:00 All of the responses that I have found here have not worked for me, but I finally did it.
- Open settings
- Search for "Lock Screen Settings"
- In "Lock Screen Settings" under "Personalize your lock screen", select "Picture" in the drop down menu.
- A toggle option will appear that says, "Get fun facts, tips, tricks... Ect"
- Uncheck that box and finally be rid of this nonsense.
Basically, the Xbox gamepass nonsense is a part of "Windows spotlight", so change it to a picture and deselect the "get fun facts" trash.
-
Anonymous
2024-08-20T14:51:42+00:00 That did the trick. Thanks very much. <br><br><br><br><br><br>Hi Norman Smith3, Garrett Shaffner has replied to the question Every time I login to my PC a screen advertising Game Pass appears. How do I stop this? that you are following in Microsoft Support Community. All of the responses that I have found here have not worked for me, but I finally did it.<br><br><br><br>1. Open settings<br><br>2. Search for "Lock Screen Settings"<br><br>3. In "Lock Screen Settings" under "Personalize your lock screen", select "Picture" in the drop down menu.<br><br>4. A toggle option will appear that says, "Get fun facts, tips, tricks... Ect"<br><br>5. Uncheck that box and finally be rid of this nonsense.<br><br><br><br>Basically, the Xbox gamepass nonsense is a part of "Windows spotlight", so change it to a picture and deselect the "get fun facts" trash.