Same thing with me on my new Lenovo Yoga 7 Carbon. This is Microsoft's at their greedy work again trying to force rubbish on people who do not want it
Every time I login to my PC a screen advertising Game Pass appears. How do I stop this?
I bought a new PC recently and have Windows 11 installed. After a recent upgrade force by Microsoft, I now receive a full screen ad for Game Pass every time I log in to my PC. There appears to be no way to decline this product and stop the ad from appearing. I'm nearly 70, have no kids in my house and have no interest (and I mean NO interest) in using Game Pass. Yet I have to decline the offer EVERY time I log in. Microsoft seems to no longer offer phone support to home users, so this community approach may be my only hope for relief. Does anyone know how to stop this Game Pass screen from appearing? Thank you.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-04-07T07:52:06+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-04-19T01:28:42+00:00 i have had the same issue. i deleted the app and still did not work
do i have to reinstall the app to get rid of this?
-
Anonymous
2024-04-19T01:35:58+00:00 what do you do if you do not have the xbox app installed?
-
Anonymous
2024-04-22T14:01:45+00:00 I uninstalled all xbox game bars and the xbox app and it still pops up. Ridiculous
-
Anonymous
2024-07-13T22:09:41+00:00 It is 2024 and Microsoft is still doing **** like this. To my computer. That I paid north of $2000 for.
Fire whatever MBA smoothbrain middle-managers thought this was a good idea. And the ones putting woke how-tos on the login screen. And the ones that tied Office autosaves to OneDrive.
Seriously, the lack of respect you guys have for your paying customers is breathtaking.
You guys know we can buy Apple right?