i don't have the x-box app, but i still get the adverts
Every time I login to my PC a screen advertising Game Pass appears. How do I stop this?
I bought a new PC recently and have Windows 11 installed. After a recent upgrade force by Microsoft, I now receive a full screen ad for Game Pass every time I log in to my PC. There appears to be no way to decline this product and stop the ad from appearing. I'm nearly 70, have no kids in my house and have no interest (and I mean NO interest) in using Game Pass. Yet I have to decline the offer EVERY time I log in. Microsoft seems to no longer offer phone support to home users, so this community approach may be my only hope for relief. Does anyone know how to stop this Game Pass screen from appearing? Thank you.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2023-12-23T08:43:25+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-02-21T02:20:46+00:00 I have this issue too, however I've uninstalled the xbox app and it still does this on the login screen. Do I have to reinstall the app, just to make this go away?! What the f**k microsoft....
-
Anonymous
2024-03-06T01:18:33+00:00 Year old thread, but this just happened to me for the first time today on a newer HP Win 11 install for no reason at all.
I just ran Task Manager and saw an xbox service in the startup. I disabled it. That got rid of it.
So I guess Microsoft randomly turns on this service for some people.
I don't want any ads on my desktop.
-
Anonymous
2024-03-06T10:35:13+00:00 I can't remember the way I finally got rid of it, but I think it was something to do with changing the log in screen. Perhaps you need to do both this, and disable the Xbox app at start up.
-
Anonymous
2024-03-10T20:11:25+00:00 This is rediculous as I never asked for nor downloaded the x-box app. The fact that the settings for me in an app I never downloaded has such a setting for me is clearly an unscrupulous sales ploy by Microsft, and probably not legal.
same here i unistalled that stupid app as soon as i got my laptop.
But this is popping up. Did you find a way to stop it?