Every time I login to my PC a screen advertising Game Pass appears. How do I stop this?

Anonymous
2023-04-01T18:42:31+00:00

I bought a new PC recently and have Windows 11 installed. After a recent upgrade force by Microsoft, I now receive a full screen ad for Game Pass every time I log in to my PC. There appears to be no way to decline this product and stop the ad from appearing. I'm nearly 70, have no kids in my house and have no interest (and I mean NO interest) in using Game Pass. Yet I have to decline the offer EVERY time I log in. Microsoft seems to no longer offer phone support to home users, so this community approach may be my only hope for relief. Does anyone know how to stop this Game Pass screen from appearing? Thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-16T00:57:14+00:00

    I did find that uninstalling the "XBox App" also removed the unwanted advertising, and I suspect it will be more effective for preventing future unwanted advertising. A reboot was required to change the login screen. Probably uninstalling the "Xbox Console Companion" people have mentioned would work as well if thats what you have.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-09-16T08:08:19+00:00

    Thank you very much for your suggestion: I too, uninstalled everything to do with xbox, but found that changing the login screen was also necessary to stop the xbox ad popping on on logging in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-29T14:26:45+00:00

    Well done. I spent 2 hours with a microsoft engineer trying to fix this problem on my computer, but your solution: uninstall xbox and change the login screen has worked!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-03T05:39:39+00:00

    I have the same problem.

    I tried this, and it is not working, the screen advertising game pass still appears.

    I uninstalled the app, and it still appears.

    Any other suggestions please? it is very annoying. I am running windows 11.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments