Does not work for windows 10
Every time I login to my PC a screen advertising Game Pass appears. How do I stop this?
I bought a new PC recently and have Windows 11 installed. After a recent upgrade force by Microsoft, I now receive a full screen ad for Game Pass every time I log in to my PC. There appears to be no way to decline this product and stop the ad from appearing. I'm nearly 70, have no kids in my house and have no interest (and I mean NO interest) in using Game Pass. Yet I have to decline the offer EVERY time I log in. Microsoft seems to no longer offer phone support to home users, so this community approach may be my only hope for relief. Does anyone know how to stop this Game Pass screen from appearing? Thank you.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2023-08-10T09:41:33+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-08-10T09:42:03+00:00 Does not work for windows 10
-
Anonymous
2023-08-18T11:47:15+00:00 This started happening to me on the windows PC I use at work. It does not have the XBOX App installed, but does have two other xbox related apps listed: Xbox Console Companion, and Xbox Game Bar. I have tried removing app permissions from both of them, for all that I could find in the "Advanced Settings". Will have to wait and see if that solves it for me.
Notable that if I open the Xbox Console Companion app, it suggests I download the new Xbox App for Windows 10, so I suspect it's probably the closest thing of the two I see.
-
Anonymous
2023-09-10T05:48:39+00:00 In my system, there is no option to set it to "Off". It reads under "Lock screen notifications" that the App (Xbox Console Companion) "can show lock screen notifications". When I select the option to change those, I am transported to "Lock screen settings," where I can change nothing whatsoever.
-
Anonymous
2023-09-10T05:52:27+00:00 Hi Robinson Silvestre,
this might work for people who have the Xbox app installed. The ad, unfortunately, also appears for those who have a simple Windows 11 installation like me, with "Xbox Console Companion" apparently part of that system. Isn't all that against EU law? This auto-installed software, and its annoying ads that nobody can opt out of?