Every time I login to my PC a screen advertising Game Pass appears. How do I stop this?

Anonymous
2023-04-01T18:42:31+00:00

I bought a new PC recently and have Windows 11 installed. After a recent upgrade force by Microsoft, I now receive a full screen ad for Game Pass every time I log in to my PC. There appears to be no way to decline this product and stop the ad from appearing. I'm nearly 70, have no kids in my house and have no interest (and I mean NO interest) in using Game Pass. Yet I have to decline the offer EVERY time I log in. Microsoft seems to no longer offer phone support to home users, so this community approach may be my only hope for relief. Does anyone know how to stop this Game Pass screen from appearing? Thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T09:05:46+00:00

    Try changing the login screen, too. This worked for me and for other users

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T08:44:08+00:00

    Same deal.

    My work computer with only a work log-in on it presents me with games advertisements.

    This is highly unprofessional by Microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T03:37:42+00:00

    I have deleted the XBox apps completely but I am still bombarded with XBox GamePass Ads

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-18T16:16:40+00:00

    Agree - poor UX design on the developers and marketing team.

    Not enjoyable and it's not a good experience.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-09T18:18:09+00:00

    Thank you.

    I did that and also changed the lock screen.

    It worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments