Every time I login to my PC a screen advertising Game Pass appears. How do I stop this?

Anonymous
2023-04-01T18:42:31+00:00

I bought a new PC recently and have Windows 11 installed. After a recent upgrade force by Microsoft, I now receive a full screen ad for Game Pass every time I log in to my PC. There appears to be no way to decline this product and stop the ad from appearing. I'm nearly 70, have no kids in my house and have no interest (and I mean NO interest) in using Game Pass. Yet I have to decline the offer EVERY time I log in. Microsoft seems to no longer offer phone support to home users, so this community approach may be my only hope for relief. Does anyone know how to stop this Game Pass screen from appearing? Thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-19T01:35:58+00:00

    what do you do if you do not have the xbox app installed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-19T01:28:42+00:00

    i have had the same issue. i deleted the app and still did not work

    do i have to reinstall the app to get rid of this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-07T07:52:06+00:00

    Same thing with me on my new Lenovo Yoga 7 Carbon. This is Microsoft's at their greedy work again trying to force rubbish on people who do not want it

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-10T20:11:25+00:00

    This is rediculous as I never asked for nor downloaded the x-box app. The fact that the settings for me in an app I never downloaded has such a setting for me is clearly an unscrupulous sales ploy by Microsft, and probably not legal.

    same here i unistalled that stupid app as soon as i got my laptop.

    But this is popping up. Did you find a way to stop it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-06T10:35:13+00:00

    I can't remember the way I finally got rid of it, but I think it was something to do with changing the log in screen. Perhaps you need to do both this, and disable the Xbox app at start up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments