Same problem. I've tried everything and Game Pass is still on my startup screen. As if the Blue Screen of Death wasn't enough, Microsoft went and found a way to make its product even more annoying. I switched to a PC because Apple stopped making 27" Macs. It has not been worth it, and I wouldn't do it over again!
Every time I login to my PC a screen advertising Game Pass appears. How do I stop this?
I bought a new PC recently and have Windows 11 installed. After a recent upgrade force by Microsoft, I now receive a full screen ad for Game Pass every time I log in to my PC. There appears to be no way to decline this product and stop the ad from appearing. I'm nearly 70, have no kids in my house and have no interest (and I mean NO interest) in using Game Pass. Yet I have to decline the offer EVERY time I log in. Microsoft seems to no longer offer phone support to home users, so this community approach may be my only hope for relief. Does anyone know how to stop this Game Pass screen from appearing? Thank you.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-08-14T19:39:26+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-07-24T19:26:42+00:00 If you bought pre built you should clean install windows. Soooo much bloatware you will never use.. did not know this when I bought first AW PC (made by dell). Could have well over 130 processes that can be running.. hope that helps. Sorry if someone already helped you out
Edit: also don't waste time with driver assists. Go straight to the source, intel, Nvidia, etc. Go through manufacturer's, your boot time will thank you
-
Anonymous
2024-07-20T23:43:06+00:00 Doesn't MS know how incredibly annoying this **** is!! If we want something we'll look for it and buy it. Don't shove this down our throats! If there was any other alternative to MS (excluding Apple ... I would take it.)
-
Anonymous
2024-07-13T22:09:41+00:00 It is 2024 and Microsoft is still doing **** like this. To my computer. That I paid north of $2000 for.
Fire whatever MBA smoothbrain middle-managers thought this was a good idea. And the ones putting woke how-tos on the login screen. And the ones that tied Office autosaves to OneDrive.
Seriously, the lack of respect you guys have for your paying customers is breathtaking.
You guys know we can buy Apple right?
-
Anonymous
2024-04-22T14:01:45+00:00 I uninstalled all xbox game bars and the xbox app and it still pops up. Ridiculous