Same thing with me on my new Lenovo Yoga 7 Carbon. This is Microsoft's at their greedy work again trying to force rubbish on people who do not want it
Every time I login to my PC a screen advertising Game Pass appears. How do I stop this?
I bought a new PC recently and have Windows 11 installed. After a recent upgrade force by Microsoft, I now receive a full screen ad for Game Pass every time I log in to my PC. There appears to be no way to decline this product and stop the ad from appearing. I'm nearly 70, have no kids in my house and have no interest (and I mean NO interest) in using Game Pass. Yet I have to decline the offer EVERY time I log in. Microsoft seems to no longer offer phone support to home users, so this community approach may be my only hope for relief. Does anyone know how to stop this Game Pass screen from appearing? Thank you.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-04-07T07:52:06+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-03-06T01:18:33+00:00 Year old thread, but this just happened to me for the first time today on a newer HP Win 11 install for no reason at all.
I just ran Task Manager and saw an xbox service in the startup. I disabled it. That got rid of it.
So I guess Microsoft randomly turns on this service for some people.
I don't want any ads on my desktop.
-
Anonymous
2023-10-03T05:39:39+00:00 I have the same problem.
I tried this, and it is not working, the screen advertising game pass still appears.
I uninstalled the app, and it still appears.
Any other suggestions please? it is very annoying. I am running windows 11.
-
Anonymous
2023-09-29T14:26:45+00:00 Well done. I spent 2 hours with a microsoft engineer trying to fix this problem on my computer, but your solution: uninstall xbox and change the login screen has worked!
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more