Every time I login to my PC a screen advertising Game Pass appears. How do I stop this?

Anonymous
2023-04-01T18:42:31+00:00

I bought a new PC recently and have Windows 11 installed. After a recent upgrade force by Microsoft, I now receive a full screen ad for Game Pass every time I log in to my PC. There appears to be no way to decline this product and stop the ad from appearing. I'm nearly 70, have no kids in my house and have no interest (and I mean NO interest) in using Game Pass. Yet I have to decline the offer EVERY time I log in. Microsoft seems to no longer offer phone support to home users, so this community approach may be my only hope for relief. Does anyone know how to stop this Game Pass screen from appearing? Thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-21T02:20:46+00:00

    I have this issue too, however I've uninstalled the xbox app and it still does this on the login screen. Do I have to reinstall the app, just to make this go away?! What the f**k microsoft....

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-23T08:43:25+00:00

    i don't have the x-box app, but i still get the adverts

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T21:52:34+00:00

    yes , very intrusive advertising which is hard to avoid, I would accept it if there was a button on the advert saying "don't show anything like me again" but instead we have to use up time solving yet another IT problem!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T09:05:46+00:00

    Try changing the login screen, too. This worked for me and for other users

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-09T17:13:00+00:00

    Hi Amy JE: When I first posted this awhile ago, someone responded with this and it worked:

    Disabling the option "Automatically launch app at startup" in the Xbox app settings should disable the Game Pass advertising.

    1-Click on Start, search for the Xbox app, and click on that
    2-Click the Profile/Sign-in menu item at the top-left of the screen
    3-Then click on Settings
    4-Click on General in the left panel
    5-Then uncheck the option "Automatically launch app at startup" under Startup settings
    6-When finished, close the Xbox app and should not see this advertising again
    <image>

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments