I DICONNECTED ALL MY exta HARD DRIVES and it worked
only had the main SSD/HDD pluggedin
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Switched on my Acer laptop and got an error 'No bootable device'. Then created a bootable pendrive and loaded Windows 10. Now when I'm trying to install, I'm getting the error 'We couldn’t install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive, Error 0x80300024.'
Tried diskpart in cmd, it is showing disk 0 with 930 GB but when I do list volume, it shows 'No volumes found'
I want to compeletly format my laptop and do a fresh Windows installation. Kindly help.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I DICONNECTED ALL MY exta HARD DRIVES and it worked
only had the main SSD/HDD pluggedin
Got the same problem.
Mine was because I had my old windows SSD still installed. The recovery and MBR partitions were causing the issue.
I deleted all partitions and successfully fixed the error.
I disconnected all drives, except the one i wanted to install windows on.
Deleted all partitions and created a new one within the installation process, that fixes my problem.
I couldnt, for unknown reasons install windows on a 250gb ssd.
0x80300024
Switched on my Acer laptop and got an error 'No bootable device'. Then created a bootable pendrive and loaded Windows 10. Now when I'm trying to install, I'm getting the error 'We couldn’t install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive, Error 0x80300024.'
Tried diskpart in cmd, it is showing disk 0 with 930 GB but when I do list volume, it shows 'No volumes found'
I want to compeletly format my laptop and do a fresh Windows installation. Kindly help.
The optimal solution is to delete all existing partitions on the target SSD before initiating the Windows installation. Instead of manually creating partitions, directly select the unallocated disk space and proceed with the installation. Prior experience indicates that pre-installation partitioning frequently leads to complications. This streamlined approach should minimize time and frustration.