We couldn't install windows in the location you chose. 0x80300024

Anonymous
2023-05-16T13:24:47+00:00

Switched on my Acer laptop and got an error 'No bootable device'. Then created a bootable pendrive and loaded Windows 10. Now when I'm trying to install, I'm getting the error 'We couldn’t install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive, Error 0x80300024.'

Tried diskpart in cmd, it is showing disk 0 with 930 GB but when I do list volume, it shows 'No volumes found'

I want to compeletly format my laptop and do a fresh Windows installation. Kindly help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-24T03:16:11+00:00

    Hello,

    I wasn't able to fix it!

    Is there any other solution?

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-10T22:55:40+00:00

    Wondering if this issue was resolved? I need my PC as it’s my only form of income..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-09T20:12:29+00:00

    FYI, for a gaming desktop with same issue, my fix was to remove all other SATA connections and then it worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-08T23:24:31+00:00

    I ended up having to disconnect sata devices.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-05T08:44:17+00:00

    Racing same problem here

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments