We couldn't install windows in the location you chose. 0x80300024

Anonymous
2023-05-16T13:24:47+00:00

Switched on my Acer laptop and got an error 'No bootable device'. Then created a bootable pendrive and loaded Windows 10. Now when I'm trying to install, I'm getting the error 'We couldn’t install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive, Error 0x80300024.'

Tried diskpart in cmd, it is showing disk 0 with 930 GB but when I do list volume, it shows 'No volumes found'

I want to compeletly format my laptop and do a fresh Windows installation. Kindly help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-03T16:50:43+00:00

    Hi

    How many hard disks are installed on the system?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-01T17:50:21+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-23T02:24:23+00:00

    I had the exact same issue. I converted the SSD to a GPT disk in Disk Management and created a NTFS partition.

    When in the install process and selecting where to install windows I selected the new partition and it came back with the same error.

    In the same installation selection screen I deleted the partition and recreated it.

    Everything worked fine after that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-13T15:08:04+00:00

    I was having the same error when I was trying to install windows in my m2 SSD. I had two other hard disks connected and because the m2 wasn't the first one shown in the installation, Windows was producing this error. I disconnected all other hard drives, completed the installation on m2 successfully and then connected them again. Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-08T09:24:42+00:00

    Hey!

    So I had this same problem when building a home server, here's what I did to fix it

    1. format all drives
    2. remove excess drives (drives that we are NOT going to install windows on)

    thats pretty much all you need to do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments