In my case the problem was that the drive had MBR table. Windows requires GPT. Actually foud out by running the setup from within Windows. After deleting the drive and recreating with GPT it worked
We couldn't install windows in the location you chose. 0x80300024
Switched on my Acer laptop and got an error 'No bootable device'. Then created a bootable pendrive and loaded Windows 10. Now when I'm trying to install, I'm getting the error 'We couldn’t install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive, Error 0x80300024.'
Tried diskpart in cmd, it is showing disk 0 with 930 GB but when I do list volume, it shows 'No volumes found'
I want to compeletly format my laptop and do a fresh Windows installation. Kindly help.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-09-25T16:20:58+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-09-21T01:12:18+00:00 Just remove other sata and usb devices other than what you need bcz it will install only on partition_0
After removing it will automatically make a another 500mb partition for system then let you install
-
Anonymous
2024-09-09T03:57:56+00:00 What do you mean? How do you install windows 10 without it being plugged in? Or having no mouse or keyboard plugged in to press stuff
-
Anonymous
2024-08-31T19:43:22+00:00 Change the ssd with a new one
-
Anonymous
2024-08-21T07:40:38+00:00 I had the exact same issue trying to install windows on an m2 ssd from a usb media creation tool. Nothing worked, wiped it about half a dozen times from cmd promp. Only after disconnecting all storage devices except the m2 ssd and the usb the issue just disappeared. Installed fine