I was having the same error when I was trying to install windows in my m2 SSD. I had two other hard disks connected and because the m2 wasn't the first one shown in the installation, Windows was producing this error. I disconnected all other hard drives, completed the installation on m2 successfully and then connected them again. Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.
We couldn't install windows in the location you chose. 0x80300024
Switched on my Acer laptop and got an error 'No bootable device'. Then created a bootable pendrive and loaded Windows 10. Now when I'm trying to install, I'm getting the error 'We couldn’t install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive, Error 0x80300024.'
Tried diskpart in cmd, it is showing disk 0 with 930 GB but when I do list volume, it shows 'No volumes found'
I want to compeletly format my laptop and do a fresh Windows installation. Kindly help.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-04-13T15:08:04+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-03-02T01:37:35+00:00 When I booted my PC it gave me 2 different options for the USB drive. One option had UEFI at the start and the other did not. When I selected the UEFI option the installer worked with no errors. Hope this helps!
-
Anonymous
2023-05-17T03:37:22+00:00 I'm afraid I'm running out of ideas. Let's ask other advisors and other Teams users for more suggestions that might help you.
They would be able to reply to this thread and share their comments.
Your patience will be greatly appreciated.
-
Anonymous
2024-05-03T16:54:55+00:00 I had a similar problem, I had installed two hard drives on the system, but after removing one of the hard drives, my problem was solved and Windows was installed successfully. After installing Windows, I reinstalled the hard drive on the system
-
Anonymous
2023-05-17T03:49:44+00:00 Thanks for your patience and help. :)
Will wait for others to pitch in here.
Regards,
Prateek Sharma