Glad your issue was fixed.
B550-a pro motherboard
Corsair vengeance 2x16 3600mhz ddr4 ram
MSI rtx 3080
Ryzen 5600x
My first issue was games just started crashing. PC was working fine for months. First thing I did was upgrade to Windows 11, but the issue persisted. I then checked the temps/utilization of the CPU and GPU. Everything seemed normal, but GPU was at 100% utilization and 100% vram usage. I turned down settings and it didn't stop the crash. So I wiped the graphics drivers using DDU, updated the driver, ran stress tests and they didn't have an issue, but the games I played still had this issue. I reseated the GPU, found it was noticably hot, and the issue persisted. I lowered graphics even further and the issue persisted. I checked Event Viewer>Windows Logs>System and found this error code, nvlddmkm. I searched it in Google and found this post. Someone said it had to do with RAM so I swapped to 1 slot of ram that I know works, and the issue persisted. I checked all ram slots with the 1 stick of ram and the issue persisted. I reduced ram frequency to 2400mhz and the issue persisted. Then I found a post telling me to disable the BIOS setting named "resizable bar support." I did that and also used MSI afterburner to make my GPU run stock again and limit itself to 99% usage instead of 100%. It fixed it for now.
I'm assuming the fixes posted here were different per person because the "resizable bar support" requires both a compatible GPU and RAM, which is why replacing RAM worked for some and replacing the GPU worked for others. But seemingly it isn't exactly necessary since this setting was forcing the GPU and RAM to be compatible in a way that turning it off doesn't necessitate. I did a BIOS flash and chipset update after fixing the issue, made sure this setting was still disabled, and it's still running like it should, all well and dandy. Hope this helps and I hope this issue doesn't reappear. If anyone else finds any other fixes other than replacing parts I'd sure appreciate you posting it here in case the issue reappears, since many here are finding that replacing hardware doesn't exactly solve the issue. Thanks.