Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later windows update

Anonymous
2023-04-28T08:08:43+00:00

Hi all tried my all the settings shown on internet, such as window update services started yet the problem doesnt solves.

please anyone has its solution please help

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-29T09:38:46+00:00

    From admin PowerShell, run:

    • usoclient StartInteractiveScan

    After 2 minutes, run:

    • get-windowsupdatelog

    Upload the fresh WindowsUpdate.log.

    -or-

    Do a repair installation right away. Since the servicing issues are fixed, the setup should run fine.

    Pls see:: How to perform an In-place Upgrade with Windows 10 Step-by-Step Guide - Microsoft Community

    this is what I got that day from you sir , which I have already done yet windows update doesnt works

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-04-29T09:40:35+00:00

    Do you mean you did a reinstallation using the Media Creation Tool, as instructed in this article?

    How to perform an In-place Upgrade with Windows 10 Step-by-Step Guide - Microsoft Community

    That's the highest non-destructive fix, as far as I know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-29T19:16:01+00:00

    Good Evening Sir,

    Sorry for the late message

    Yes sir I followed using the Media Creation Tool, and xactly did the same steps as it was shows in the video in the link given. However there is no sucess to it .

    Yet the seame error it comes in windows update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-04-30T02:51:09+00:00

    Of late, some systems are facing an SSL/certificates issue which causes problems with the WU client. Not sure if that's the case here.

    Compare your services' startup configuration with the table in this link.

    If the problem persists, you may have to do a Reset (with Keep my files) or a Custom install. Unfortunately, the method will remove your apps. Your files will be retained.

    Check out: How to: Perform a Custom Installation of Windows 11 and Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-05-06T12:29:38+00:00

    Dear Sir,

    Thanks for writing and I am really sorry for replying you late.

    can you tell me which all apps it will remove if I do reset, I am an photographer and I use lightroom, photoshop, Premeire pro which I cant remove from the system

    Thanks

    Also I had one more question,

    I need lot of C drive space too keep running of all the above apps, I see in storage settings major time system restore eats lot of space, I have even disabled the option still it comes , Please help me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments