Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later windows update

Anonymous
2023-04-28T08:08:43+00:00

Hi all tried my all the settings shown on internet, such as window update services started yet the problem doesnt solves.

please anyone has its solution please help

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-28T11:25:29+00:00

    Hi I tried running sfc as you said , but the error says the server execution failed

    please check the screenshot sent

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-04-28T10:15:27+00:00

    In addition to what has been suggested, please try this.

    Open admin PowerShell, and run:

    • get-windowsupdatelog

    Upload the windowsupdate.log file (saved to your desktop) to WeTransfer/OneDrive and share the link here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-28T10:06:43+00:00

    Hi RonakSavla,

    Try running the System File Checker. To run SFC, please follow the steps here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-28T09:45:05+00:00

    Hi laurice,

    I have done all the steps as said by you, but still the problem still ****. The troubleshooter stucks on pending restart and it doesnt goes ahead.

    Also the storage settings option also hangs and I cant even delete the windows update files ahead.

    Please do help me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-28T08:47:43+00:00

    Hi! I'm Laurice, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you're having this problem. I will try my best to help you.

    Try running the Windows Update Troubleshooter to resolve the issue.

    Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters. Next, under Get up and running, select Windows Update > Run the troubleshooter.

    When the troubleshooter is finished running, it's a good idea to restart your device.

    Next, check for new updates. Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates and then install any available updates.

    You can refer to this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win...

    Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments