There is a red target like a scope crosshair in the middle of my screen.

Anonymous
2023-05-01T01:23:39+00:00

Cannot turn it off. I can move it around but that's it. It overlays over anything on the screen.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-12T16:40:00+00:00

    What i did was Go into MSCONFIG and uncheck all the apps i had starting during startup. Red Cross hair disappeared. I then re-applied the check mark on apps that were driver/system stuff. rfestarted. No cross hair. Kept doing that to all the other apps. No Cross hair. I don't know what app was doing it but i got it to stop by doing this. Hope it works for you if that happens to you. Good Luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-11T10:31:44+00:00

    can you send the step by step for removing the target symbol.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T18:19:02+00:00

    Yes. I have a curved AOC monitor purchased in 2023 C24G1 AND I GOT THE RED CIRCLE in the center of the monitor when I was making adjustments to the monitor's brightness and features. I searched for the creation of it without finding anything. What worked for me was unplugging the monitor and restarting it a couple of minutes later.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-26T02:56:38+00:00

    Hmm, I accidentally toggled it by holding FN and pressing the right arrow key, my laptop shut off and starting like using the fans very fast it was like there was a tornado in the room, I panicked and then turned on the PC and it stopped but the red crosshair appeared, not sure how to turn it off now.

    Not sure if you're still suffering from this, but holding FN and pressing the down arrow worked for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-19T16:29:28+00:00

    Hmm, I accidentally toggled it by holding FN and pressing the right arrow key, my laptop shut off and starting like using the fans very fast it was like there was a tornado in the room, I panicked and then turned on the PC and it stopped but the red crosshair appeared, not sure how to turn it off now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments