There is a red target like a scope crosshair in the middle of my screen.

Anonymous
2023-05-01T01:23:39+00:00

Cannot turn it off. I can move it around but that's it. It overlays over anything on the screen.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-26T19:23:38+00:00

    i accept u thx so much ok byeeeeeee

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T18:35:50+00:00

    Know what's funny? We each have a cat that after walking on the keyboard this happened. Hahahha isn't that amazing? I think maybe there might be some sort of rebellion! ;)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-15T15:55:36+00:00

    My cat must've enabled crosshairs on my keyboard when I left the home this morning. I came here to state that the simplest way in which I was able to remove the crosshairs was this:

    Press and hold down FN on the keyboard and hit arrow right twice on the keyboard, then lift up, then press and hold FN again and hit arrow left. On my keyboard, the FN button and the Up, Down, Left, Right buttons are on the bottom righthand side of my keyboard. It removed the crosshairs immediately without having to reboot or close out any windows or tabs.

    I'm running Windows 11 on a Pulse GL66 laptop with no external monitor. Hope this helps someone else in a bind!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-07T23:51:34+00:00

    What I did to fix it was use msconfig and uncheck every program that is running on startup. Reboot the computer. It should now have a clean screen. Then use Ms config to put a check mark and the things you would like to run and restart the computer every time you make one or two check marks just to see. That's what I did in that fixed it. Hope this works for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-07T22:44:05+00:00

    My cat just did the exact same thing to my computer. *Facepalm*

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments