There is a red target like a scope crosshair in the middle of my screen.

Anonymous
2023-05-01T01:23:39+00:00

Cannot turn it off. I can move it around but that's it. It overlays over anything on the screen.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-15T16:50:56+00:00

    Bro... I read all that **** just to look at my keyboard and see a little crosshair symbol on my down arrow key. Pressed FN then the down arrow key and the crosshair went away.

    Any idea what its use is?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-15T01:59:31+00:00

    After doing a bit of investigating (after running into this myself), I've found the answer. This is a feature for MSI computers. Pressing the keys FN + Arrow Keys will trigger different actions, and one of them is the red crosshair. The software involved is likely the MSI Center.

    The red crosshair is meant to be used in games where certain weapons don't necessarily provide a crosshair. On my laptop, you can toggle it using FN + Down Arrow. Fans can be toggled with FN + Up, Pause/Play with FN + Left, and Display with FN + Right.

    Anyways, check out this Reddit thread. It provides more information as to what each combination actually does: https://www.reddit.com/r/MSILaptops/comments/105cwz9/pulse_gl76_what_do_these_icons_on_the_arrow_keys/ 

    I know I'm a bit late but just wanted to post this to help people out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-13T07:45:56+00:00

    Still trying to figure out what it is. No Idea.

    What i did was Go into MSCONFIG and uncheck all the apps i had starting during startup. Red Cross hair disappeared. I then re-applied the check mark on apps that were driver/system stuff. restarted. No cross hair. Kept doing that to all the other apps. No Cross hair. I don't know what app was doing it but i got it to stop by doing this. Hope it works for you if that happens to you. Good Luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-13T01:02:12+00:00

    I had this issue, to get rid of it I had to press FN and Down.

    The Down button had a crosshair on it. So that is the button.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-11T07:15:36+00:00

    i did adjustments on my AOC AGON Pro 27" yesterday and the red cross has appeared.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments