There is a red target like a scope crosshair in the middle of my screen.

Anonymous
2023-05-01T01:23:39+00:00

Cannot turn it off. I can move it around but that's it. It overlays over anything on the screen.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-06T05:20:08+00:00

    Cat walked on a USB external keyboard. So, no. Laptop is on the table next to me. I use external monitor, keyboard and mouse and never touch my laptop. That is why i was at a loss. I used msconfig to disable all apps and rebooted. Bulls Eye gone. Has to be some key combination my cat walked on to initialize it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-17T06:28:50+00:00

    Uh, no. This wasn't anything with the monitor. My cat walked on my keyboard and it popped up. So this has to be something associated with Windows or the software that comes on my MSI GE76 Raider laptop. Still nobody has figured out what it is. At the time, i could move the target with my mouse around my monitor.

    MSCONFIG and close all non windows apps and restart to fix. Then select the ones you want restarted with Windows. Restart. Fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-07T23:51:34+00:00

    What I did to fix it was use msconfig and uncheck every program that is running on startup. Reboot the computer. It should now have a clean screen. Then use Ms config to put a check mark and the things you would like to run and restart the computer every time you make one or two check marks just to see. That's what I did in that fixed it. Hope this works for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-12T16:40:00+00:00

    What i did was Go into MSCONFIG and uncheck all the apps i had starting during startup. Red Cross hair disappeared. I then re-applied the check mark on apps that were driver/system stuff. rfestarted. No cross hair. Kept doing that to all the other apps. No Cross hair. I don't know what app was doing it but i got it to stop by doing this. Hope it works for you if that happens to you. Good Luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-11T10:31:44+00:00

    can you send the step by step for removing the target symbol.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments