There is a red target like a scope crosshair in the middle of my screen.

Anonymous
2023-05-01T01:23:39+00:00

Cannot turn it off. I can move it around but that's it. It overlays over anything on the screen.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-13T01:02:12+00:00

    I had this issue, to get rid of it I had to press FN and Down.

    The Down button had a crosshair on it. So that is the button.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-07T22:44:05+00:00

    My cat just did the exact same thing to my computer. *Facepalm*

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T18:35:50+00:00

    Know what's funny? We each have a cat that after walking on the keyboard this happened. Hahahha isn't that amazing? I think maybe there might be some sort of rebellion! ;)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-05-02T00:01:57+00:00

    Ok. I see what i have to do. I ran a clean boot and the target/scope symbol disappeared. Something i disabled was it. I will enable one at a time to see what app it is. I will let you know when i find out.

    Thank You!

    Donald Rohrbacher

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. John DeV 170.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-05-01T03:15:25+00:00

    Hello Donald,

    Did you check any manufacturer utility app that could cause the issue? Is there an app included in your keyboard?

    **Perform a Clean Boot

    Determine whether a background program or a software conflict is causing the issue.

    Press Windows key+R to open Run then type: msconfig

    Press Enter

    Select System Configuration > go to the Services tab.

    Select and make sure to put a check mark on "Hide all Microsoft services"

    Click Disable all.

    Go to Startup tab > Open Task Manager > Disable all the unnecessary services running there. Restart your computer.

    Please check the support article at the link below for more details.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

    Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

    Kind regards,

    John DeV

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments