How do I fix my laptop keyboard not working on windows 11?

Anonymous
2023-05-27T13:37:04+00:00

How do I fix my laptop keyboard not working on windows 11? It just randomly stopped working a few months ago but usb keyboards work fine any solutions? I dont think its hardware related as the combination for changing/switching the led backlight works completely fine but nothing else does. I dont know if Im in the right place this is my first time here.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-07T08:31:35+00:00

    This is very late, but this may be helpful for whoever stumbles upon a problem like this if your keyboard works fine in uefi/bios but doesn't in windows.

    Settings > System > Recovery > Advanced startup (restart now)

    When you get to the startup screen, you might notice your track pad and keyboard working again!

    Just click continue to windows 11 from there and see if it stays like that. It has worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-23T13:49:08+00:00

    Exactly my sentiments, how is one to type if the keyboard isn't working?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-23T14:16:08+00:00

    Inyang Ukpong wrote:

    Exactly my sentiments, how is one to type if the keyboard isn't working?

    Try the instructions here

    https://www.elevenforum.com/t/turn-on-or-off-on-screen-keyboard-in-windows-11.7255/ 

    to turn on the on screen keyboard. There are several methods. One of them should work for you.

    Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-24T10:53:08+00:00

    You can scan you whole system by MRT (Malicious Software Removal Tool)

    To use this you have to press a shortcut key which is win+r and then run box will be open you simply type MRT in the run box and that's it you have to choose a full scan may be it takes time and you problem can be fix

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-04T07:54:15+00:00

    Dear Sir / Ma'am

    Namaste from Nepal,

    I requested that I have a big issue keyboard isn't working. I have a big problem.

    How to solve a problem it?

    Thanks regards!!!

    Bhasme Bahadur Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments