How do I fix my laptop keyboard not working on windows 11?

Anonymous
2023-05-27T13:37:04+00:00

How do I fix my laptop keyboard not working on windows 11? It just randomly stopped working a few months ago but usb keyboards work fine any solutions? I dont think its hardware related as the combination for changing/switching the led backlight works completely fine but nothing else does. I dont know if Im in the right place this is my first time here.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-06T05:39:03+00:00

    Can you give me a little more detail because I got water on it

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-13T21:58:16+00:00

    how are you supposed to type if you can't type?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-15T12:38:14+00:00

    Hi Vitor,

    This issue is one that will not go away. No matter how many times i reinstall the keyboard drivers, my laptop keyboard is dead. Currently using an external keyboard on bluetooth.

    I can occasionally get my laptop keyboard to work, however, if my laptop restarts, or just falls asleep, the keyboard fails.

    Do you have alternative solutions or has Windows 11 permanently wrecked my expensive laptop.

    Thanks

    Sam

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-04T10:19:00+00:00

    Here's how to update drivers using Windows Update:

    1. Click the Start button
    2. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update
    3. Click Check for updates
    4. Click View optional updates
    5. Click Driver updates
    6. Select the drivers you want to update
    7. Click Download and install

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments