How do I fix my laptop keyboard not working on windows 11?

Anonymous
2023-05-27T13:37:04+00:00

How do I fix my laptop keyboard not working on windows 11? It just randomly stopped working a few months ago but usb keyboards work fine any solutions? I dont think its hardware related as the combination for changing/switching the led backlight works completely fine but nothing else does. I dont know if Im in the right place this is my first time here.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-12T03:18:05+00:00

    In "setup" there is an "on_screenkeyboard" option where you can type using your mouse or touch pad.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T17:01:15+00:00

    I am having this same issue. I have tried uninstalling all 3 keyboards and restarted my laptop.. It still isn't working. I'm not able to use my TouchPad mouse or any button on my keyboard. I'm really at a loss here. I have tried everything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-04T14:04:52+00:00

    Try start "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".

    How to Start the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service":

    1. Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and press Enter.
    3. In the Services window, press T to quickly navigate to the services starting with the letter T.
    4. Find and double-click on "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".
    5. Click the Start button to start the service.
    6. If this solves your problem, set the Startup type to Automatic to ensure it runs at startup.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-07-01T23:29:20+00:00

    How am I supposed to click on those keys when my keyboard isn't working??

    Turn on the On-screen keyboard. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-the-on-screen-keyboard-osk-to-type-ecbb5e08-5b4e-d8c8-f794-81dbf896267

    Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-01T22:47:39+00:00

    How am I supposed to click on those keys when my keyboard isn't working??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments