How do I fix my laptop keyboard not working on windows 11?

Anonymous
2023-05-27T13:37:04+00:00

How do I fix my laptop keyboard not working on windows 11? It just randomly stopped working a few months ago but usb keyboards work fine any solutions? I dont think its hardware related as the combination for changing/switching the led backlight works completely fine but nothing else does. I dont know if Im in the right place this is my first time here.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T10:23:36+00:00

    On screen keyboard.

    That can sometimes help even if it is the beginning of the circuits going as things may progress so keys repeat but usually for me the USB keyboard starts to do that and at that point that's why extended warranties exist.

    Keyboard issues are annoying and a seeming increasing constant for me so the OS Keyboard and I spend way too much time typing slowly sigh.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T04:11:48+00:00

    hi Victor, I follow the steps to fix the keyboard on my laptop i removed 2 keyboards and re started. it didnt work. i am using tbe touch screen keyboard. any suggestion as what to do next.

    it just stopped working first half the keys then the entire keyboard. I just disable the filter

    keys and some keys started working randomly mostly numbers and symbols.

    Thank you.

    Miriam

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-09-21T18:18:38+00:00

    I can’t do that without a keyboard.

    Connect a USB keyboard.

    Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-21T17:29:09+00:00

    I can’t do that without a keyboard.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-13T18:57:39+00:00

    There's a possibility that you might have enabled Filter Keys. I accidentally enabled it and my keyboard stopped working entirely so make sure that is disabled.
    Settings > Accessibility > Keyboard > Filter Keys

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments