I did that, repeatedly. It shows I'm typing, but input is not being registered. And no, I can't borrow a USB keyboard from someone. Thank you thus far.
How do I fix my laptop keyboard not working on windows 11?
How do I fix my laptop keyboard not working on windows 11? It just randomly stopped working a few months ago but usb keyboards work fine any solutions? I dont think its hardware related as the combination for changing/switching the led backlight works completely fine but nothing else does. I dont know if Im in the right place this is my first time here.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-12-05T18:15:40+00:00 -
Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-12-05T18:06:02+00:00 Thank you for your response.
I tried the on screen keyboard but what I type does not reflect.
Don't know why this would be happening. Try turning OSK off and on again.
Can you borrow a USB keyboard from someone?
Don
-
Anonymous
2024-12-05T15:16:15+00:00 Thank you for your response.
I tried the on screen keyboard but what I type does not reflect.
-
Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-12-05T15:08:25+00:00 Jemima Chinwi wrote:
Hi, I wanted to try the steps in your response but I can't even type. Only the mouse works, the whole keyboard is unresponsive. What do I do?
Turn on the On-screen keyboard. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-the-on-screen-keyboard-osk-to-type-ecbb5e08-5b4e-d8c8-f794-81dbf896267
or connect a USB keyboard.
Don
-
Anonymous
2024-12-05T12:20:25+00:00 Hi, I wanted to try the steps in your response but I can't even type. Only the mouse works, the whole keyboard is unresponsive. What do I do?