How do I fix my laptop keyboard not working on windows 11?

Anonymous
2023-05-27T13:37:04+00:00

How do I fix my laptop keyboard not working on windows 11? It just randomly stopped working a few months ago but usb keyboards work fine any solutions? I dont think its hardware related as the combination for changing/switching the led backlight works completely fine but nothing else does. I dont know if Im in the right place this is my first time here.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-09T17:56:20+00:00

    What if there are 3 keyboards do I uninstall all of them

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-09-27T07:51:50+00:00

    I have the same issue September 2023.

    Your second instruction says type “…..”

    If I don’t have a keyboard working, how am I to type anything?????

    By using a USB keyboard as mentioned in the original post.

    Or by turning on the On-Screen Keyboard.

    Try the instructions here

    https://www.elevenforum.com/t/turn-on-or-off-on-screen-keyboard-in-windows-11.7255/ 

    to turn on the on screen keyboard. There are several methods. One of them should work for you.

    Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-26T22:58:27+00:00

    This is a really dumb reply.

    I have the same issue September 2023.

    Your second instruction says type “…..”

    If I don’t have a keyboard working, how am I to type anything?????

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-05-28T08:49:12+00:00

    Didn't work I'm not sure what's the problem at this point.

    PS for some reason Microsoft used an account that I don't really use anymore I will use this from now

    @ GRittinA and Grittin0126

    It's not a violation of the Code of Conduct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/page/faq#faqCodeConduct to have and use two accounts here, but it's a bad idea to post to the same thread with both. If you are getting help from an Independent Advisor, as you are, that person, because of their posting method, will only see posts from the original poster. They won't see posts from the other profile.

    In this thread {VitorLima} won't see the reply from Grittin0126. You will have to reply from the GRittinA account that started the thread.

    Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-05-28T01:58:21+00:00

    Didn't work I'm not sure what's the problem at this point.

    PS for some reason Microsoft used an account that I don't really use anymore I will use this from now

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments