Can't type because keyboard isn't working so this solution is not useful.
How do I fix my laptop keyboard not working on windows 11?
How do I fix my laptop keyboard not working on windows 11? It just randomly stopped working a few months ago but usb keyboards work fine any solutions? I dont think its hardware related as the combination for changing/switching the led backlight works completely fine but nothing else does. I dont know if Im in the right place this is my first time here.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-10-11T23:41:45+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-10-10T10:23:36+00:00 On screen keyboard.
That can sometimes help even if it is the beginning of the circuits going as things may progress so keys repeat but usually for me the USB keyboard starts to do that and at that point that's why extended warranties exist.
Keyboard issues are annoying and a seeming increasing constant for me so the OS Keyboard and I spend way too much time typing slowly sigh.
-
Anonymous
2024-09-12T03:18:05+00:00 In "setup" there is an "on_screenkeyboard" option where you can type using your mouse or touch pad.
-
Anonymous
2024-04-23T13:49:08+00:00 Exactly my sentiments, how is one to type if the keyboard isn't working?
-
Anonymous
2024-04-04T10:19:00+00:00 Here's how to update drivers using Windows Update:
- Click the Start button
- Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update
- Click Check for updates
- Click View optional updates
- Click Driver updates
- Select the drivers you want to update
- Click Download and install