Yes, that is the same thing, try disabling that, set it to default and see if your system still crashes.
Please help with my BSODS. I cannot get away from them!
Hi all.
Had this machine for a couple years.
The specs are listed below:
Operating System Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 49 °C Matisse 7nm Technology
RAM 32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 3600MHz (18-22-22-42)
Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (AM4) 30 °C
Graphics S2719DGF (2560x1440@155Hz) DELL S2721HSX (1080x1920@60Hz) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (Gigabyte) 46 °C
Storage 931GB SanDisk SSD PLUS 1000GB (SATA (SSD)) 26 °C 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZRX-00L4HB0 (SATA ) 24 °C 238GB 256GB PCS 2.5" SSD (SATA (SSD)) 40 °C 238GB M Series NVMe SSD 256G
I keep getting random blue screens at random times and I cannot for the life of me figure out the problem. The BSOD I get are:
- IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the driver error in stack is "ntoskrnl.exe+44fa00"
- KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe
- SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bfs.sys
I have had a few BSODS since getting the machine and they're not always the same message though this is the most common.
I have tried the following:
- Both SFC and Dism commands on the local machine, and on a repair disk (No errors on both)
- Windows Memory Diagnostic and Memtest86 (No errors on both)
- Reinstalled Windows (Fixed for a short time)
- Reseated GPU
- Reseated RAM
- Updated Drivers
- Flashed BIOS with newest version (now OOD)
- Checked Temps
- Stress tested CPU and GPU.
I have all the latest drivers installed, and I have updated BIOS a few times hoping this would resolve the problem. I have ran SFC and DISM commands, and even re-installed Windows.
I just don't know what could be causing this, and funnily enough it doesn't seem to happen when I game (So far) it only ever happens if I am doing something random, or sometimes it will chain BSOD if it reboots and and I don't straight away start using my machine... like if it's left on the log in screen it would sometimes do it.
But it's perhaps once ever few days, or 3 times a day depending on it's mood.
Please help, I can provide any info necessary.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-05-29T17:04:13+00:00 I got to the 3rd pass and no errors, and a full pass on Windows Memory Diagnostics.
I have D.O.C.P on, which is the same thing, right?
-
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2023-05-29T16:41:43+00:00 That new minidump file just lists Am corruption, nothing specific is listed.
You indicate you tested your RAM with MemTest86, did you perform a full 4 pass scan with that and no errors were found?
Do you have an XMP profile set on your RAM in BIOS?
-
Anonymous
2023-05-29T16:31:14+00:00 I got rid of them both, and had no blue screens, but my machine just froze up and got another with a different error than usual.
I've added the dump to the folder
-
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2023-05-29T08:39:56+00:00 It did not list the specific software, just a generic RGB driver that may exist in both of those, and both those are known to sometimes cause BSOD's try uninstalling each one at a time to narrow down if either is the culprit of the system crashes.