So is this an Intel Issue? Because I have this issue aswell with a 14900k and a 6800xt
Windows 11 PC freezes and becomes completely unresponsive when gaming
I recently got a new prebuilt PC, and within a week of redownloading all my files and games from my previous PC, the computer continuously freezes and becomes completely unresponsive when gaming. It happens at random times and seems to differ between games. I have done everything I possibly can to remedy this issue, from scanning and repairing drivers, drives, reseating my GPU and RAM, installing HW monitor to ensure my temps are not skyrocketing and the voltage/wattage is sufficient, going into BIOS to make sure nothing is overclocked and the RAM is set to the correct MHz, running the windows memory diagnostic tool, etc. Everything that has been posted on youtube and other forums, I am almost positive I have tried. Absolutely nothing works and no matter what I do, the freezes keep occurring. The strange thing is when my PC becomes unresponsive, I can still hear my friends continuing to talk in discord but they cannot hear me. I am not sure what else to do about this other than to seek help here or to return the PC and just build another one on my own.
Specs:
RTX Nvidia 4090
13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900k, 3000 Mhz, 24 cores
32.0 GB Kingston 2400 MHz memory DDR4
ASUS PRIME Z790-P WIFI D4
2TB NVme M.2 SSD
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-04-06T02:36:03+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-03-31T10:43:07+00:00 Update: found fault in my power supply, replaced.
Runs fine without graphics card on the integrated graphics.
Seems to be running fine now with graphics card, AFTER updating Bios visual settings OFF AUTO to Nvidia as Primary GPU. Had it freeze once after plugging 3060 back into the board. Checked bios and found settings on auto. Changed bios and 3D settings to Nvidia, and removed all Intel ARC drivers from startup.
48hrs freeze free...
-
Anonymous
2024-03-24T20:57:15+00:00 Well,
I rolled back to Win10, and had the same error occur on me.
Seems now it is likely to be some ghost/hardware issue, occurring intermittently.
I've been running my Dell XPS8940 without it's MSI RTX3060Ventus for the last 24 hours without issue. I guess I'll give it several days to see if that's been the issue for me.
Good luck to you all!
-
Anonymous
2024-03-21T17:53:09+00:00 Hey everyone. I've rolled back to Windows 10 and I haven't a problem in a month since then. I recommend if you can, return back to Windows 10. And does anybody know if this bug has been fixed or addressed by Microsoft?
-
Anonymous
2024-03-20T01:09:24+00:00 Has anyone rolled back to windows 10 with this issue? My issue also started in the December timeframe when I moved from Widows 11 home to Windows 11 Pro. I'm about to pull the trigger to go back to 10.
I cannot install Windows 11 Home, because it will not recognize TPM2.0 module. Despite toggling PTT and clearing TPP settings in the BIOS, and clearing the bios & replacing the low power battery. This has to be a recent thing, since I am running Win 11 Pro now....
Not sure if this is a part of the bug or not?
Has Anyone else lost their Security module in Windows 11 pro on this machine?