Windows 11 PC freezes and becomes completely unresponsive when gaming

Anonymous
2023-05-15T05:16:23+00:00

I recently got a new prebuilt PC, and within a week of redownloading all my files and games from my previous PC, the computer continuously freezes and becomes completely unresponsive when gaming. It happens at random times and seems to differ between games. I have done everything I possibly can to remedy this issue, from scanning and repairing drivers, drives, reseating my GPU and RAM, installing HW monitor to ensure my temps are not skyrocketing and the voltage/wattage is sufficient, going into BIOS to make sure nothing is overclocked and the RAM is set to the correct MHz, running the windows memory diagnostic tool, etc. Everything that has been posted on youtube and other forums, I am almost positive I have tried. Absolutely nothing works and no matter what I do, the freezes keep occurring. The strange thing is when my PC becomes unresponsive, I can still hear my friends continuing to talk in discord but they cannot hear me. I am not sure what else to do about this other than to seek help here or to return the PC and just build another one on my own.

Specs:

RTX Nvidia 4090

13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900k, 3000 Mhz, 24 cores

32.0 GB Kingston 2400 MHz memory DDR4

ASUS PRIME Z790-P WIFI D4

2TB NVme M.2 SSD

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-21T21:26:41+00:00

    It's 2024 and I have the same issue but for me it specifically whwn I was play gta5 storymode the game froze but I can still hear the game audio keep going the game was still going I got stuck driving but you can hear npc cara honking at me stuck in them stuck in the middle of the road in the tunnel thing near lsc but my pc is unresponsive can't do anything even If I control all delete it does nothing I have to hard reset my pc either hold the power button untill I turns of or unplug my pc I have a

    Rtx 4050

    I7 13620H

    32gb of ram

    I mostly play games were 60fps is all I really need like gta minecraft forza horizon 5 need for speed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-17T01:12:37+00:00

    Beleive it is affecting everyone a little different. Since I've been ending the process for Edge, I havn't had issues for a couple of weeks now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-06T21:58:00+00:00

    Using the new PC Manager, I keep the MS Edge process closed. Seems to be helping...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-06T21:35:56+00:00

    !!!

    Is your bios set to auto select GPU?

    lntel drivers running?

    What changed?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments