FSX API.dll

Anonymous
2023-07-18T19:03:22+00:00

Hi,

Lately my Microsoft Flight Simulator X has been crashing with API.dll as the faulting module.

This is probably caused by a Windows update dating back from April.

There is absolutely nothing one can do to fix this, unless rolling back the update is possible, which it isn't.

The update that's causing the crashes is most likely "KB5025221".

What can I do?

-jessy

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T08:58:18+00:00

    Have you tried uninstalling the latest windows updates?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T09:36:58+00:00

    Hi Mattie
    yes, it's one of the hundreds of pieces of advice I've been given but there's nothing I can do about it, it always closes!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T09:40:59+00:00

    Hi

    No i can't uninstalling the update of the problem.

    now i try to do a flight with PMDG b738 and arrive on fsx crash with API.DLL

    Please help us microsoft before April no problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T09:46:35+00:00

    What version of Windows did you roll back to?

    I rolled back to KB4023057 and managed to get 2 flights in yesterday without a crash.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T11:24:11+00:00

    I don't uninstalling any windows update for the moment

    i have

    Édition Windows 10 Famille
    Version 22H2
    Installé le ‎01/‎09/‎2020
    Build du système d’exploitation 19045.3636
    Expérience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments