FSX API.dll

Anonymous
2023-07-18T19:03:22+00:00

Hi,

Lately my Microsoft Flight Simulator X has been crashing with API.dll as the faulting module.

This is probably caused by a Windows update dating back from April.

There is absolutely nothing one can do to fix this, unless rolling back the update is possible, which it isn't.

The update that's causing the crashes is most likely "KB5025221".

What can I do?

-jessy

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-05T19:31:31+00:00

    Hi,

    I recently tried running FSX again after the recent windows updates but I still get the API.dll CTD from a clean install of the game. Did you manage to find a fix?

    Thanks,
    Matt

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-02T20:06:47+00:00

    Hey,

    Another update on my side:

    I successfully completed 1 long-haul flight of 8 hours, and 2 short-haul flights both around 1 hour.

    The issue seems fixed for me after I stopped using REX Skyforce 3D.

    If I get the API.dll CTD again, then I'll update here.

    -jessy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-30T23:39:51+00:00

    I installed the latest July 25, 2023—KB5028244 update but I ran into the API error when the sim was 80% loaded so it looks like the error persists for me.

    It would be good if Microsoft could provide a workaround or fix for this

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-30T15:47:25+00:00

    Hi,

    I just managed to complete 2 flights, without FSX restart, on VATSIM. Normally I run Active Sky 2016 with REX skyforce 3D. For these 2 flights I only used Active Sky and no REX. Maybe for me that was causing the issue, but only 2 flights have been done, so I can not say for certain.

    -jessy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-30T14:18:27+00:00

    Hi all,

    I've also struggling with the same error and do not have an option to uninstall the update.

    Are Microsoft planning on issuing a hotfix for this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments