FSX API.dll

Anonymous
2023-07-18T19:03:22+00:00

Hi,

Lately my Microsoft Flight Simulator X has been crashing with API.dll as the faulting module.

This is probably caused by a Windows update dating back from April.

There is absolutely nothing one can do to fix this, unless rolling back the update is possible, which it isn't.

The update that's causing the crashes is most likely "KB5025221".

What can I do?

-jessy

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-05T22:29:02+00:00

    Maybe a third party addon thats causing the issue? I had API errors as well, but fixed it by not using REX.

    -jessy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-05T18:07:28+00:00

    I also still have the same issue. It's a shame. 

    I recommend everyone that is experiencing the issue to submit a support request with Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/home/contact

    This will help increase exposure to the issue and will hopefully expedite a hotfix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-03T21:11:09+00:00

    Hi all, unfortunately the problem remains, but I have made progress. I uninstalled FSX and reinstalled it without installing SP2 (Service Pack 2) and the simulator works, as soon as I install SP2 the crash occurs (API.dll). It's obvious that this is something in SP2 from the latest Win 10 update, can I think of DirectX10??? But I can't say for sure. The only certain thing is that suddenly my FSX simulator doesn't work anymore...
    We just have to wait and hope that Microsoft will deign to fix this error?!?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-25T10:08:33+00:00

    Exact same problem: fsx.exe API.dll Is it possible that we have to wait for another Win update and hope they fix it...or is there another way?

    I apologize but I'm desperate!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-14T09:35:30+00:00

    I have the same problem and i don't undertstand why suddlenly fsx crash before nothing long haul 12Hours no problems<br><br><br><br>please help<br><br><br><br>fsx.exe
    10.0.61637.0
    46fadb14
    API.DLL
    10.0.61637.0
    46fadb58
    c0000005
    0003afa2
    3eb8
    01d9e6e259531ecd
    F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
    F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\API.DLL
    433d6111-0fa6-43a6-b710-aba8f7cbcb98

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments