FSX API.dll

Anonymous
2023-07-18T19:03:22+00:00

Hi,

Lately my Microsoft Flight Simulator X has been crashing with API.dll as the faulting module.

This is probably caused by a Windows update dating back from April.

There is absolutely nothing one can do to fix this, unless rolling back the update is possible, which it isn't.

The update that's causing the crashes is most likely "KB5025221".

What can I do?

-jessy

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T08:51:20+00:00

    Hi
    and yes, but what is this thing?? This is the problem that suddenly arose! How do I find him?? I'm exhausted!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-06T14:34:46+00:00

    Hi

    i don't try to do a flight without any programs but sometimes FSX crash before the selection page and just after the flight select.

    today now i do a flight LFPG-LPPD aerosoft a320 simtoolkitpro IVAO connection and FSrealWX 3.0 (not registred) no problem no api crash but a lots of lags.

    sometimes a flight can be do but it's a good luck .

    very quick solution thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-06T12:04:17+00:00

    It is still installed, i just make sure not to have it running. That fixed it for me.

    But do note that API.dll crashes on STARTUP are usually related to corruption to either the sim or something on your pc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-06T11:14:14+00:00

    but I don't open anything, I don't use any addon, I launch FSX clean and it always gives me the same api.dll error.
    But did you actually uninstall REX from your PC?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-06T09:51:53+00:00

    Hi,

    I've always used REX too until it gave me the API.dll ctd everytime i tried to fly.

    Could be the same for you.

    -jessy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments