Updated to the latest Windows update a few days ago.
I still cannot reproduce an API.dll CTD, ever since I stopped using REX.
I will keep digging, because the FSX nostalgia is worth more than anyone can ever imagine :)
-jessy
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
Lately my Microsoft Flight Simulator X has been crashing with API.dll as the faulting module.
This is probably caused by a Windows update dating back from April.
There is absolutely nothing one can do to fix this, unless rolling back the update is possible, which it isn't.
The update that's causing the crashes is most likely "KB5025221".
What can I do?
-jessy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Updated to the latest Windows update a few days ago.
I still cannot reproduce an API.dll CTD, ever since I stopped using REX.
I will keep digging, because the FSX nostalgia is worth more than anyone can ever imagine :)
-jessy
To be honest. I've not managed to understand which updates can and cannot be uninstalled. I just uninstall the most recent update and try to run FSX. If FSX works then great, if FSX does not work then I uninstall the next update and continue.
It seems random to me. However, with all the testing I have done, the API.dll error is almost definitely caused by Windows 10 22H2 updates.
It would be great if Microsoft could release a fix so that FSX worked correct as it did on pre-April 2023 versions of Windows 10 22H2.
If you are also struggling with the API.dll error on post-April 2023 versions on Windows 10 22H2, then please submit a support ticket to Microsoft here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/home/contact?SourceApp=smc2&ContactUsExperienceEntryPointAssetId=S.HP.SMC-HOME
same here i had to switch to win 10 21h2 to stop facing this error
Hi Mattie, but how do I uninstall all the latest Windows updates up to KB4023057?? I mean, let me explain better, I have the latest update dated 01/12/2023 which is KB5032278... how do I uninstall them all, it will take me forever..? imagine that KB4023057 doesn't even appear in the list on the screen... how can I understand when I've reached that one?!
Thx for your time.
HI, I'm sorry, my dear, but we're in the same boat!! I've been waiting and hoping since the end of October...!