Cumulative updates for Windows 10 and Windows 11 - July 2023

Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2023-07-11T17:12:12+00:00

The following release notes coincide with Cumulative updates for all the supported versions of Windows, released on 11th July, 2023.

Windows 11

Windows 11 22H2:

July 11, 2023—KB5028185 (OS Build 22621.1992) - Microsoft Support

Improvements

This security update includes improvements that were a part of update KB5027303 (released June 27, 2023). When you install this KB:

  • This update makes miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality. No additional issues were documented for this release.

Download links to be available shortly.

Windows 11 (original release):

July 11, 2023—KB5028182 (OS Build 22000.2176) - Microsoft Support

Improvements

This security update includes improvements that were a part of update KB5027292 (released June 27, 2023). When you install this KB:

  • This update makes miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality. No additional issues were documented for this release.

Download links to be available shortly.

Windows 10

Windows 10 22H2:

July 11, 2023—KB5028166 (OS Builds 19044.3208 and 19045.3208) - Microsoft Support

Highlights

  • This update addresses security issues for your Windows operating system.

If you installed earlier updates, only the new updates in this package would be downloaded and installed on your device. 

https://twitter.com/WindowsUpdate/status/1635692351996801059

��Resources

• Learn about the different types of monthly updates: https://msft.it/6017eRKoX

• Find resources, tools, and news about known issues and safeguards: https://msft.it/6016eRKon

• Have an issue? File feedback to our engineers: https://msft.it/6018eRKok

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-20T16:08:06+00:00

    Every time I try to install this update it fails on the restart! I get the message "something didn't go as planned. No need to worry - undoing changes. Please keep your computer on"

    This would not be an issue if it didn't keep trying to install every time I restart the computer which I am doing to try and install another programme. Because it undoes the changes it will not let me complete the installation of the programme. I have a case open with support but have not yet received a reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-20T00:47:28+00:00

    This latest update has totally screwed up my computer. I have Malwarebytes installed, and I keep getting a message that certain modules are turned off, but when I open the program, everything is fine. The tray icon has a red triangle in it, and the only way to get rid of it is to reboot.

    I have had two blue screen issues where it says something like aw snap one of your devices has had a problem and it needs to reboot! This has NEVER happened to me on this computer.

    What the heck is going on, and are you planning on fixing this mess??

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-19T20:07:16+00:00

    I work from home and when I log into certain sites for my job, I have to enter a username & password. Ever since the last updates which were installed on 7/12/23, now it pops up a little window asking me to type in the username & password. And I have to click Cancel on it twice to bypass it. Is there a way to turn of this feature please? I have included 2 screen shots as a visual.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-18T12:27:43+00:00

    Your problem is the same as mine, my camera also stopped working after the update changed to a PC Camera although I don't have a webcam. I still don't know how to change from PC Camera to Integrated Camera as the default camera. Anyone can solve this problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-18T00:27:03+00:00

    I'm having the same problem. The update freezes at 98% and a hard reboot just goes back around to the same screen. So this update killed my tablet. Hello, Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments