Cumulative updates for Windows 10 and Windows 11 - July 2023

Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2023-07-11T17:12:12+00:00

The following release notes coincide with Cumulative updates for all the supported versions of Windows, released on 11th July, 2023.

Windows 11

Windows 11 22H2:

July 11, 2023—KB5028185 (OS Build 22621.1992) - Microsoft Support

Improvements

This security update includes improvements that were a part of update KB5027303 (released June 27, 2023). When you install this KB:

  • This update makes miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality. No additional issues were documented for this release.

Download links to be available shortly.

Windows 11 (original release):

July 11, 2023—KB5028182 (OS Build 22000.2176) - Microsoft Support

Improvements

This security update includes improvements that were a part of update KB5027292 (released June 27, 2023). When you install this KB:

  • This update makes miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality. No additional issues were documented for this release.

Download links to be available shortly.

Windows 10

Windows 10 22H2:

July 11, 2023—KB5028166 (OS Builds 19044.3208 and 19045.3208) - Microsoft Support

Highlights

  • This update addresses security issues for your Windows operating system.

If you installed earlier updates, only the new updates in this package would be downloaded and installed on your device. 

https://twitter.com/WindowsUpdate/status/1635692351996801059

��Resources

• Learn about the different types of monthly updates: https://msft.it/6017eRKoX

• Find resources, tools, and news about known issues and safeguards: https://msft.it/6016eRKon

• Have an issue? File feedback to our engineers: https://msft.it/6018eRKok

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-21T15:16:02+00:00

    Which one did you deinstall? I had 3 of them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-21T15:11:08+00:00

    Any help please? Anyone?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-20T23:40:16+00:00

    I had the same problem. After I de-installed the update that broke Bluetooth on my HP laptop which was the only way to get it working again, I came back the next day to find Windows had auto-updated the bad update overnight and I was back to square one. The only way to fix it was to again de-install the offending update (by going back to the previous restore point) then turn off auto-update to stop it happening a third time. This involves a registry hack and setting your wifi to 'metered connection' then telling Windows not to download updates over a metered connection, which of course won't work if you are on a LAN or directly connected to your router. It's a disaster. Microsoft really have dropped the ball with their updates. They cause more problems than they are supposed to fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-20T20:21:58+00:00

    I had the same thing happen. I wonder if it was a memory issue for my laptop, it's older and was already running slow, and I was getting low space warnings from my antivirus prior to the update. I was never able to figure out how to back out of the 98% complete screen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-20T19:52:14+00:00

    How do I store MY settings so that after you get done with your "improvements" I can get back to work?

    I waste half a work day putting my computer back together after Microsoft "improves" it. I can NOT continue to waste this kind of non-productive time simply to get a computer functioning the way I need it to.

    You have no idea what my needs are or what the demands of my work day are, yet you feel you KNOW what "improvements" are needed. This cycle keeps repeating several times a month. It has to STOP. You don't know how we use our computers or what each of us need and you have no business changing the settings on our computers to what you want them to be. It isn't like Microsoft shelled out $1,200 bucks to purchase this computer. I did and I am the one who needs it to function. Which means I am the judge of what those settings need to be. This is absolutely ridiculous. Really? Why do you think people are going to other systems?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments