I had the same problem. After I de-installed the update that broke Bluetooth on my HP laptop which was the only way to get it working again, I came back the next day to find Windows had auto-updated the bad update overnight and I was back to square one. The only way to fix it was to again de-install the offending update (by going back to the previous restore point) then turn off auto-update to stop it happening a third time. This involves a registry hack and setting your wifi to 'metered connection' then telling Windows not to download updates over a metered connection, which of course won't work if you are on a LAN or directly connected to your router. It's a disaster. Microsoft really have dropped the ball with their updates. They cause more problems than they are supposed to fix.
Cumulative updates for Windows 10 and Windows 11 - July 2023
The following release notes coincide with Cumulative updates for all the supported versions of Windows, released on 11th July, 2023.
Windows 11
Windows 11 22H2:
July 11, 2023—KB5028185 (OS Build 22621.1992) - Microsoft Support
Improvements
This security update includes improvements that were a part of update KB5027303 (released June 27, 2023). When you install this KB:
- This update makes miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality. No additional issues were documented for this release.
Download links to be available shortly.
Windows 11 (original release):
July 11, 2023—KB5028182 (OS Build 22000.2176) - Microsoft Support
Improvements
This security update includes improvements that were a part of update KB5027292 (released June 27, 2023). When you install this KB:
- This update makes miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality. No additional issues were documented for this release.
Download links to be available shortly.
Windows 10
Windows 10 22H2:
July 11, 2023—KB5028166 (OS Builds 19044.3208 and 19045.3208) - Microsoft Support
Highlights
- This update addresses security issues for your Windows operating system.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new updates in this package would be downloaded and installed on your device.
https://twitter.com/WindowsUpdate/status/1635692351996801059
��Resources
• Learn about the different types of monthly updates: https://msft.it/6017eRKoX
• Find resources, tools, and news about known issues and safeguards: https://msft.it/6016eRKon
• Have an issue? File feedback to our engineers: https://msft.it/6018eRKok
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
55 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2023-07-20T23:40:16+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-07-19T20:07:16+00:00 I work from home and when I log into certain sites for my job, I have to enter a username & password. Ever since the last updates which were installed on 7/12/23, now it pops up a little window asking me to type in the username & password. And I have to click Cancel on it twice to bypass it. Is there a way to turn of this feature please? I have included 2 screen shots as a visual.
-
Anonymous
2023-07-18T12:27:43+00:00 Your problem is the same as mine, my camera also stopped working after the update changed to a PC Camera although I don't have a webcam. I still don't know how to change from PC Camera to Integrated Camera as the default camera. Anyone can solve this problem?
-
Anonymous
2023-07-17T12:25:25+00:00 All files and data deleting or new windows update
-
Anonymous
2023-07-17T12:23:49+00:00 new windows update