Yes, I received one.
Cumulative updates for Windows 10 and Windows 11 - July 2023
The following release notes coincide with Cumulative updates for all the supported versions of Windows, released on 11th July, 2023.
Windows 11
Windows 11 22H2:
July 11, 2023—KB5028185 (OS Build 22621.1992) - Microsoft Support
Improvements
This security update includes improvements that were a part of update KB5027303 (released June 27, 2023). When you install this KB:
- This update makes miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality. No additional issues were documented for this release.
Download links to be available shortly.
Windows 11 (original release):
July 11, 2023—KB5028182 (OS Build 22000.2176) - Microsoft Support
Improvements
This security update includes improvements that were a part of update KB5027292 (released June 27, 2023). When you install this KB:
- This update makes miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality. No additional issues were documented for this release.
Download links to be available shortly.
Windows 10
Windows 10 22H2:
July 11, 2023—KB5028166 (OS Builds 19044.3208 and 19045.3208) - Microsoft Support
Highlights
- This update addresses security issues for your Windows operating system.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new updates in this package would be downloaded and installed on your device.
https://twitter.com/WindowsUpdate/status/1635692351996801059
��Resources
• Learn about the different types of monthly updates: https://msft.it/6017eRKoX
• Find resources, tools, and news about known issues and safeguards: https://msft.it/6016eRKon
• Have an issue? File feedback to our engineers: https://msft.it/6018eRKok
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
55 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2023-07-24T17:26:51+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-07-22T18:59:28+00:00 These updates have made my desktop computer inoperable. I now have the dreaded blue screen, and have tried all the suggestions made on the screen to no avail. I'm using notebook at the moment all the while hoping I do not encounter the same problem with it.
-
Anonymous
2023-07-20T20:21:58+00:00 I had the same thing happen. I wonder if it was a memory issue for my laptop, it's older and was already running slow, and I was getting low space warnings from my antivirus prior to the update. I was never able to figure out how to back out of the 98% complete screen.
-
Anonymous
2023-07-20T19:52:14+00:00 How do I store MY settings so that after you get done with your "improvements" I can get back to work?
I waste half a work day putting my computer back together after Microsoft "improves" it. I can NOT continue to waste this kind of non-productive time simply to get a computer functioning the way I need it to.
You have no idea what my needs are or what the demands of my work day are, yet you feel you KNOW what "improvements" are needed. This cycle keeps repeating several times a month. It has to STOP. You don't know how we use our computers or what each of us need and you have no business changing the settings on our computers to what you want them to be. It isn't like Microsoft shelled out $1,200 bucks to purchase this computer. I did and I am the one who needs it to function. Which means I am the judge of what those settings need to be. This is absolutely ridiculous. Really? Why do you think people are going to other systems?
-
Anonymous
2023-07-20T00:47:28+00:00 This latest update has totally screwed up my computer. I have Malwarebytes installed, and I keep getting a message that certain modules are turned off, but when I open the program, everything is fine. The tray icon has a red triangle in it, and the only way to get rid of it is to reboot.
I have had two blue screen issues where it says something like aw snap one of your devices has had a problem and it needs to reboot! This has NEVER happened to me on this computer.
What the heck is going on, and are you planning on fixing this mess??