There are two: "Windows Power Shell" and "Windows Power Shell (x86)". Neither starts on its own; they both must be "Run as Administrator". I checked "Properties > Advanced" for each, and the box marked "Run as Administrator" was unchecked in both cases. I just checked the right-click menu; the Administrator link works, but the regular one doesn't. What's going on here?
Can't uninstall Power Toys
I had trouble updating Power Toys, so I downloaded the installer. The installer won't work because Power Toys is already installed. However, it doesn't show up in my app list, so an uninstaller can't find it. I tried to restore the system from a disc image, but that didn't even get started. How can I get out of this situation?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2023-06-04T16:29:46+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-06-04T19:04:52+00:00 Thanks, Roger. Right click on Windows Powershell shortcut then verify the following values.
- In the Shortcut tab:
Target: %SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe
Start in: %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%
- In the Security tab only the following users andr groups must be declared: SYSTEM (Full control) "Your username" (Full control) Administrators (Full control)
For Powershell (x86) icon, please verify the following values.
- In the Shortcut tab:
Target: %SystemRoot%\syswow64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe
Start in: %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%
- In the Security tab only the following users andr groups must be declared: SYSTEM (Full control) "Your username" (Full control) Administrators (Full control)
-
Anonymous
2023-06-04T19:57:06+00:00 JoseBeltre, everything is as you described; all the settings match your descriptions. Now what?
-
Anonymous
2023-06-04T21:25:09+00:00 Roger. I was reviewing our interaction and saw on your first shared image you were using C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowershell\v1.0\powershell_copy.exe instead of C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowershell\v1.0\powershell.exe
Did you know why?
What happen if you go to C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowershell\v1.0\ and run powershell_copy.exe?
What happen if you go to C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowershell\v1.0\ and run powershell.exe?