Are you able to run Powershell from %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu folder?
Can't uninstall Power Toys
I had trouble updating Power Toys, so I downloaded the installer. The installer won't work because Power Toys is already installed. However, it doesn't show up in my app list, so an uninstaller can't find it. I tried to restore the system from a disc image, but that didn't even get started. How can I get out of this situation?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2023-06-04T11:35:38+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-06-04T11:42:31+00:00 Yes; I have a link to it on my desktop.
-
Anonymous
2023-06-04T11:48:18+00:00 Thanks, Roger. Return to this path, copy the shortcut then open Programs folder and replace the other Powershell icon.
-
Anonymous
2023-06-04T12:19:05+00:00 Which path? I see dozens of "Programs" folders.
-
Anonymous
2023-06-04T16:01:35+00:00 Roger, according to the error, the path is: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows PowerShell
One of the shortcuts listed here is not working and must be replaced. Test everyone and let me know which one is not working, please.