Exactly (step by step) do I download the file? Copy and paste doesn't work, and my downloader won't download it.
Can't uninstall Power Toys
I had trouble updating Power Toys, so I downloaded the installer. The installer won't work because Power Toys is already installed. However, it doesn't show up in my app list, so an uninstaller can't find it. I tried to restore the system from a disc image, but that didn't even get started. How can I get out of this situation?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2023-06-03T01:06:42+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-06-03T01:21:53+00:00 I think I've downloaded the file to my desktop; how do I run it in PowerShell?
-
Anonymous
2023-06-03T11:49:36+00:00 Hi, Roger. To execute the script, please open Powershell console, next type CD desktop and press enter. Now the cursor is on desktop. Type .\cleanup_tool.ps1 and press enter.
This procedure must remove PowerToys information.
Let me know if you need anything else, please.
-
Anonymous
2023-06-03T12:24:51+00:00 Thanks, Roger.
Let's change CD Desktop command for this one. First, replace "username" by your username:
CD C:\users"username"\desktop
Next run the script by typing .\cleanup_tool.ps1